Search This Blog

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Choose “HAPPINESS, SATISFACTION, CONTENTEDNESS”

It’s hard to believe that these days we must actually “schedule” time for ourselves in our day planners.  How did we let ourselves get to this point?

For many years Bonnie Ware worked in palliative care.  In conversations with people faced with their own mortality she learned that these are the five most common regrets:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

2. I wish I didn't work so hard.

3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Two years ago I would have to admit that I was living with all five regrets.  Luckily for me in 2009 I came to the proverbial “FORK IN THE ROAD” and I chose to significantly change my life’s path. I now strive to make conscious, wise and honest choices that will lead me towards happiness, satisfaction and contentedness.  I’ll admit I’m still having trouble with #2 and #5 but I’m working on it!

I’ll leave you with this quote from Ms. Ware’s article,  “Life is a choice. It is YOUR life. Choose consciously, choose wisely, choose honestly. Choose happiness.”  

FULL ARTICLE: Top 5 Regrets of the Dying (Bonnie Ware/Huffington Post 1/21/12) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bronnie-ware/top-5-regrets-of-the-dyin_b_1220965.html

# # #

No comments:

Post a Comment